Digital Communications Systems
This course is an introduction to the strategic digital communications systems that allow communications professionals to select audiences, deliver appropriate content over various channels and capture data to better understand end users.
Marketers, community managers, editors and publishers who wish to use state-of-the-art digital media tools to manage and deliver multiple media to numerous devices will find this course especially beneficial.
Audience acquisition platforms, including social media, search, marketing automation and online advertising; content management systems and content strategies; development and production techniques, such as A/B testing; data management and analysis
Facebook ad creation, Hootsuite, Marketo, Google Keyword Planner, Google Analytics, web site hosting providers, WordPress, Tableau
- Define the function and purpose of the predominant digital media services and their role in a communications enterprise, focusing on the following:
- Data management platforms
- Asset management and content design
- Web content management and the essential technologies of data generation for analysis (analytics)
- Data warehousing technologies
- Social media management platforms
- A/B testing platforms
- Assemble these technologies into a logical schema that generates data and results in appropriate outcomes to address communication problems at varying levels of complexity.
- Design a technology solution set at the appropriate scale for a complex strategic communication problem.
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate new technologies into a framework and describe in writing any changes to the current schema created by new devices, industry consolidation or changes in technological capabilities.