Tuition & Financial Aid
Communications@Syracuse students are charged tuition on a per-credit-hour basis, and the current rate of tuition for the 2017-2018 academic year is roughly $1,890 per credit. A moderate tuition increase can be expected for each academic year. You are required to complete 33 credits to earn your degree through the Communications@Syracuse program and should expect to pay at least $62,370 for the program. Please keep in mind that this is only an estimate, as Syracuse tuition rates are re-evaluated each July.
While the Newhouse School does not charge online students any health, on-campus technology or other fees associated with on-campus programs, students will be responsible for their own textbook, software, travel and housing costs. There is an additional immersion fee that varies for each immersion based on the location and activities. The fee is determined prior to course registration.
Payment arrangements for tuition and fees are required at the time of registration each semester. Syracuse University offers direct billing or deferred billing for students sponsored by select companies. Payment plans are available to those students who are financially responsible for their education.
Financing Your Degree
When evaluating how to pay for your M.S. in Communications program, there may be a number of resources available to you, including tuition assistance from your employer, scholarships and student loan programs.
Communications@Syracuse students may be eligible to apply for the following to assist in paying their tuition:
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans : Students are potentially eligible to receive up to $20,500 in Direct Unsubsidized Loans per academic year, regardless of personal or spousal income.
- Federal Direct PLUS Loan: All graduate students are potentially eligible to apply for Graduate PLUS loan funding each academic year. This credit-based loan can be used to cover tuition and fees and provide you with funding for living expenses up to the cost of attendance.
- Private Loans: Students who require additional assistance may apply for education loans through private lenders.
- Employer Sponsorship: Check with your employer’s personnel or human resources division regarding tuition assistance programs offered to employees.
- Veterans Benefits: Students who are service members or military spouses are eligible to explore the use of VA Education Benefits to fund their graduate program. For more information, contact the VA (http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/) or the Veterans Resource Center on campus (vrc.syr.edu).
Applying for Financial Aid
If you intend to apply for financial aid, you should begin the process as soon as possible. To apply, complete these steps:
- Visit fafsa.ed.gov and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Syracuse’s school code is 002882.
- Complete your application for admission to the Communications@Syracuse program.
We encourage you to apply for financial aid at the same time you complete your program application.
To speak with an admissions counselor about financial aid, contact 844-797-2666 or email us.